To be eligible for the Advanced IBD Fellowship, applicants must:
- Have completed Internal Medicine Residency training
- Be in the second year of an accredited three-year Gastroenterology Fellowship Program or equivalent
- Be able/willing to apply and obtain a license to practice medicine in the state of Missouri
- Complete appropriate non-U.S. Citizen Visa requirements, if applicable
- Be available for a required in person interview
Applications are accepted beginning on the first business day in July; the deadline for applications is the last Friday in March. You may submit your application via email to email@example.com. Your application should include the following:
- Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- please include the best contact phone and email
- your CV should include your current citizenship status.
- Up to three (3) reference letters (no more than 3 will be accepted)
- one must be from your current program director; others may be from a previous fellowship application
- Personal statement, with a description of research interests
Applicants may submit all information at once; or if preferred, letters of recommendation may be submitted separately to the same email address, with your name and application year (i.e. Last, First 2020-21) in the subject line. Be advised this is an incoming only mailbox; you should receive a reply stating such.
Once your completed application has been received, it will be reviewed by the program director. If you are not selected, you will be notified via email that you are no longer in consideration. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling availability due to faculty physician schedules.
To apply, please email your application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in our program.
Matthew A. Ciorba, MD
Director of IBD Program and IBD Research
Associate Professor of Medicine
Washington University School of Medicine
c/o Andrew LaBrier, MBA
IBD Program Manager
660 South Euclid Ave
Campus Box 8124
Saint Louis, MO 63110